Been a hot minute since I’ve done one of these.
The last time I did one of these, I set out two goals. The first was to keep Energia going without a long break. The second was to finish the first edited draft of Threads of Reality by March.
These last few months have not been kind to my productivity. I’ll spare you the melodrama of my life. All you need to know is that I have been a) busy and b) completely drained of energy. Like a battery that someone punched a hole into.
I haven’t been sitting on my ass doing nothing, though. At least, not completely. While Energia has been reduced to a bi-weekly release schedule, I’ve still got plenty of chapters drafted and ready to publish. The series ain’t going anywhere anytime soon.
As for ToR, editing has gone slowly, but smoothly. Currently, we’re about halfway to the end. However, it is still gonna take a while to finish it. I have plans to add story beats that weren’t in the rough draft which the story needs. Some of them are only a scene or so long. Others are entire chapters.
One of these new chapters is drafted. Unfortunately, it set a bit of a tone. I had intended it to be about ten pages long. In the end, it turned out to be thirty-eight. So… this might take a bit longer than I had hoped.
So, I’m going to set my goal a bit more leniently this time. I have two objectives from here on out. Objective one: continue Energia. That’s looking smooth. Objective two: finish the first edited draft of ToR by the end of September.
Hopefully I’ll be able to keep my shit together this time.