Original Release: June 23rd, 2018
Not a lot happened this episode, did it?
Now, there will be spoilers for both this episode and the last one in this review. If you still haven’t watched them, then stop reading and go do so. Seriously, these last few episodes are easily the most important in the show. Go catch up.
Last chance to avoid spoilers.
Okay. Now, let’s just bullet point the major events of the episode.
1. All Might scolds Deku for being reckless and promises to devote himself entirely to help him become the new Symbol of Peace
2. All Might and Eraser Head go to all the houses of the parents to discuss the students moving into dedicated dorms
3. We meet Kacchans parents, and he gets suspicious of All Might and Deku’s relationship
4. All Might and Deku convince Deku’s mother to let him continue at U.A.
5. After the credits, All-For-One monologues to himself about how All Might failed as a teacher, and he uses the same ‘It’s Your Turn’ spiel that All Might used last episode for Shigurake Tomura.
Not a lot happened, yes. But you know what there was a lot of? Emotions.
God, how can one show muster so many god damn tears out of me?! I swear, every scene shared between Deku and All Might takes me on a roller-coaster of joy, followed by sadness and heartbreak. Few shows can get this much emotion out of me.
Overall, this episode was a very short but emotional one. It really does feel like the end of an era, as it should. With All Might out of commission as a hero, the series is set to completely transform from here on out.
I can’t wait to see how it changes.